Saturday 14 July 2012

Finding beauty in chaos


On sunday I visited Charminar, the icon of Hyderabad city. It is a place that, despite living in this city for many years, I still avoid going - just cos it's too crowded and chaotic.

But this time I decided to go, not as an annoyed local, but as an art loving curious tourist - and amazed I was.

The Sunday bazaar was in full swing. The shops were at their brightest best, street vendors selling bangles, shoes, clothes, accessories, second hand books, antiques, iron vessels, vintage glasses, bicycle parts, you name it they had it. Fashion designers are well known to source their design materials like laces, buttons, brocades, zari borders etc from here. Can’t wait to design a dress myself using materials found here!

Here's a modest attempt to capture the beauty this place is, starting with the legend itself:







Laces and borders: 



















Shoes anyone?




Beads and stones and antique coins:








Vintage Car:





Another one: 




For those of you who want to know what it really looks like, I sourced this page from the web:

@



Beautiful, isn't it?


If you happen to visit Hyderabad, I'd love to take you to this place.

xoxo,
M

5 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I’ve just found your lovely blog, i can't believe i haven't visited that laces bazar yet!
    I’d love you to take a look at mine and let me know what you think ;)
    Kisses from Spain,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been to hyderabad and loved it!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Love the pictures. Come by and check out my blog, if you like it I would love it if you followed me.

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifull.. thanks for sharing it and helping me to customize my look !!

    Click here

    ReplyDelete